Holes in GHC

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 03:57:39 CET 2012

Not sure if I misparsed your response or not.

Its not just things that can or could match the type of the scope, but
basically anything introduced in local scopes around the hole, those can
have types that you can't talk about outside of a local context, due to
existentials that were opened, etc.

The usual agda idiom is to make the hole, then check to see what is
available that you can use to build towards filling it in, but those
locally introduced things may not have anything in common with the type of
the hole.

-Edward