parallel build fixes for 7.4.2

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:49:04 CET 2012

By the way, it looks like the documentation for createDirectoryIfMissing
doesn't mention anything about its safety under concurrent invocation.

Looking at the code, it looks like it is safe (it handles the already exist
exception):

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/directory/src/System-Directory.html#createDirectoryIfMissing

But maybe the docs could reflect that....

-Ryan