Type operators in GHC

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Jan 19 14:44:11 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 07:11:19AM -0500, Matthew Farkas-Dyck wrote:

> Sometimes I thought to use "∀" to quantify over type variables, as
> over term variables, at least as an option.

Do you mean that in

    f :: (x, X, (+), (:+))

only x would be a type variable and X, (+), (:+) would be type
constructors, but that in

    g :: forall y, Y, (*), (:*) .

y, Y, (*), (:*) would be type variables and x, X, (+), (:+) would be
whatever is in scope (constructors, unless there is an enclosing forall
that binds them)?

Perhaps we should be heading towards a case-insensitive syntax for type
names.

Thanks
Ian