Holes in GHC

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 26 15:24:44 CET 2012

Thijs

You are describing the implementation of something, but you do not give a specification.  It's hard for me to help you with the design of something when I don't know what the goal is.

Can you give a series of concrete examples of what you want to happen?  Is this just in GHCi?  Or do you expect the batch compiler to behave specially?

Don't worry about the implementation: just say what you would LIKE to achieve.

Simon