Records in Haskell

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Mar 1 15:38:19 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 07:58:42AM +0000, AntC wrote:

> SORF's whadyoumaycalls are at the Kind level. (I'm not opposed to them because
> they're new-fangled, I'm opposed because I can't control the namespace.)

I haven't followed everything, so please forgive me if this is a stupid
question, but if you implement this variant of SORF:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Records/OverloadedRecordFields#ScopecontrolbygeneralisingtheStringtypeinHas

then do you get the behaviour of SORF when using field names starting
with a lower-case letter, and DORF when they start with an upper-case
letter?

Thanks
Ian