Explicit calls to the garbage collector.

Jurriaan Hage J.Hage at uu.nl
Mon May 7 15:33:52 CEST 2012

LS.

I have a very memory intensive application. It seems that the timing of my application
depend very much on the precise setting of -H...M in the runtime system (-H2000M
seems to work best, computation time becomes a third of what I get when I pass no
-H option).  I conjecture that this good behaviour is the result of gc happening at the right time.
So I wondered: if I can one when is the right time, is it possible then to trigger
GC explicitly from within the Haskell code?

best,
Jur