Dynamic libraries by default and GHC 7.8

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Tue Nov 27 20:38:21 CET 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 02:52:48PM +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> The various issues are described in a wiki page here:
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/DynamicByDefault
>
> If you have a few minutes to read it then we'd be glad to hear your
> feedback, to help us in making our decisions

Regarding Question 7 (enable dynamic by default on other platforms)
and OpenBSD: as long as it's easy to disable it again, I'll be happy
with *any* decision.

That's partially because currently we've even a patch explicitely
disabling shared library support in our ports/packages system (last
time I tried with shared lib support, I got some segfaults in the
midst of the build, and unfortunately I'm still too short of time
to debug/fix it).

Ciao,
	Kili