Dynamic libraries by default and GHC 7.8

Christian Hoener zu Siederdissen choener at tbi.univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 30 16:42:43 CET 2012

Hi,

a bit late but here are my comments:

- my main (and in a way ``only'') concern is speed. At some point I'd
  like my programs to consistently beat the pants off C ...
  This won't happen soon, but when comparing to C it makes a difference
  being able to say Haskell is x1.3 slower or x1.4 slower.

- BUT performance is required only for the end product, where I would --
  in addition -- prefer statically built binaries. Getting other people
  to install GHC 7.6 (platform is not good enough!) and do the whole
  installation process won't work.

- development is done using cabal-dev, so I am compiling libraries 10-20
  times anyway. Once more for dynamic/statis wouldn't matter that much.

Gruss,
Christian

* Ian Lynagh <ian at well-typed.com> [27.11.2012 15:55]: