memory fragmentation with ghc-7.6.1

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 04:53:05 CEST 2012

So the problem is only with the data structures on the heap that are pinned
in place to play nice with C?

I'd be curious to understand the change too, though per se pinned memory (a
la storable or or bytestring) will by definition cause memory fragmentation
in a gc'd lang as a rule,  (or at least one like Haskell).
-Carter