GHC 7.8 release?

Christian Höner zu Siederdissen choener at tbi.univie.ac.at
Thu Feb 7 20:13:27 CET 2013

Hi Simon,

The download page already has a big "Stop" there.
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_7_6_2

Apart from that, I am /really/ looking forward to sse/avx extensions and
the official new-code-gen to further narrow the gap between
high-performance C and high-performance Haskell.

That being said, I would be fine using HEAD, but a release is very
convenient in terms of installing, even if they are in the form of "rc"
(which I typically install to see if something breaks or is faster).

Maybe you want to consider providing a couple of release candidates
instead of 7.8 now?

Gruss,
Christian

* Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> [07.02.2013 19:25]: