How to compile ghc 7.6.2 with llvm?

David Terei davidterei at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:08:44 CET 2013

Hi Magicloud,

Setting build.mk to "BuildFlavour = perf-llvm" means that the GHC
built will be built using the LLVM backend of GHC.

For any build of GHC though, to *use* the LLVM backend of GHC you
simply want to compile with "-fllvm".

The output of inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 ¨Cinfo won't differ for a GHC
built with the native-code-generator compared to one built with the
LLVM code generator. Both build of GHC will include support for the
native-code-generator and the LLVM backends.

Cheers,
David