Pin a package?

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Sat Jan 12 20:25:23 CET 2013

Is there a way to tell cabal to refuse to upgrade a package?  I'd like to
pin my `bytestring` to the version that shipped with my GHC.

I just had a weird experience.  When I try to `cabal install iconv` (with my
settings) it tried to downgrade my `bytestring`, when I download and do the
configure+build by hand, it works, but when I try to install the local
version it again begins to try to downgrade my bytestring.  If I just
`register --inplace` it works fine.  Wut?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted