Building ghc on raspberry pi.

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Sun Jan 13 16:59:17 CET 2013

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013, Neil Davies wrote:

> Sounds like we're close - I must admit I've slightly lost track of the things that need to be done.
>
> Can we start collecting the pre-conditionds and steps, when each complete build takes best part of a day, its difficult to keep the context.
>
> So - taking the ghc 7.4.1 that is part of raspian wheezy (pkg version 7.4.1-4+rpi1) which depends upon (amongst others) llvm-3.0 (pkg version 3.0-10), can we capture the changes?
>

> Which version of LLVM is being used?

I'm using LLVM 3.1 and gcc 4.6.3 and ghc 7.4.1.

> Which ghc source(s) are you starting from?

ghc-7.6.1 with
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/attachment/ticket/5914/0001-add-support-for-ARM-hard-float-ABI-fixes-5914.patch
applied, fixing the hunks in compiler/main/DriverPipeline.hs by hand.

> What files did you need to touch in the make process?  Please supply diffs

I've been fiddling with various parmameters in mk/build.mk.

> Anything else?

I haven't got it compiling yet.

Oh I'm currently using the raspian distriubtion with uses the hard-float
ABI, but my end-goal is to bootstrap a nix package.