Installing GHC and libgmp.so

harry voldermort at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 23 16:33:21 CEST 2013

Stephen Paul Weber wrote
> Somebody claiming to be harry wrote:
>>all of this stems from GHC
>>looking for libgmp.so, instead of libgmp.so.3
>
> Most systems symlink libgmp.so to the default version installed.  On
> Debian
> stable it's libgmp.so.10 ... so it may work for you, but you may want to
> upgrade.

It's not symlinked on the systems that I'm working with (mostly CentOS and
Red Hat - I'm not disputing that it might work on "most" systems). I also
need to install GHC on systems where I don't have root access, so I can't
create the link.

Could GHC be configured to look for libgmp.so.3, or whatever version it was
actually linked against, if it can't find libgmp.so?