Overloaded record fields

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Jun 27 09:54:18 CEST 2013

Simon,

Yes, your summary is exactly what I meant.

2013/6/26 Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com>:
> In fact, your observation allows us to regard our proposal as consisting of two entirely orthogonal parts
>   * Generalise the type of record field selectors
>   * Introduce period as reverse function application

As Anthony points out below, I think the orthogonality is also an
important benefit.  It could allow people like Edward and others who
dislike DotAsPostFixApply to still use OverloadedRecordFields.  I
expect just the OverloadedRecordFields extension would fit reasonably
well into the existing lens libraries somehow.

Regards
Dominique