scope invariants in core

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 18 21:32:09 CET 2013

That does seem odd.

Use -dppr-debug so you can see the actual unique on each Id, just to make sure the print-name isn't different from the underlying unique.

In an older version of GHC (before March 2012) variables could not be bound to unboxed tuples, so if your fork is based on a sufficiently old version that might be a problem.

Aha.  Before the patch below, I see this code in Core Lint

commit 09987de4ece1fc634af6b2b37173b12ed46fdf3e
Author: Max Bolingbroke <batterseapower at hotmail.com>
Date:   Sun Mar 18 00:00:38 2012 +0000

    Support code generation for unboxed-tuple function arguments

    This is done by a 'unarisation' pre-pass at the STG level which
    translates away all (live) binders binding something of unboxed
    tuple type.

    This has the following knock-on effects:
      * The subkind hierarchy is vastly simplified (no UbxTupleKind or ArgKind)
      * Various relaxed type checks in typechecker, 'foreign import prim' etc
      * All case binders may be live at the Core level