Compiled code

migmit migmit at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 00:00:07 CET 2013

Suppose I compiled some module and kept it's .hi and .o files. Is it possible to use this module in my program if the source code was deleted for some reason?

Seems like the answer is "yes" — by creating a fake .hs file (with no real content) and touch-in .hi and .o files I tricked ghc so that it didn't attempt to recompile the module, so the information in .hi and .o files is sufficient. But ghc insists on having the .hs file around, and I didn't find a way to turn it off. Is there any? Or there is a specific reason not to have it?