HSghc-prim-0.3.1.0.o: unknown symbol 'memcpy'

M Farkas-Dyck strake888 at gmail.com
Sun May 11 02:17:17 UTC 2014

I rebuilt ghc with clang and gcc; same problem.

It works if I add memcpy et al. to libraries/ghc-prim/cbits, but that
seems a bad method, as they're available in libc.

It seems that I must somehow tell GHC to pull in libc whenever it
links against ghc-prim, or to include all needed code from libc in
HSghc-prim-0.3.1.0.o. How can I do so? I tried "extra-libraries: c" in
ghc-prim.cabal, which fails perplexively, with addDLL: unknown error,
tho I disabled building dynamic libraries.