[GUI] after the opinion poll

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang@jeltsch.net
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:55:29 +0100

On Wednesday, 2003-02-12, 00:52, Axel Simon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I summarized everything that was said on this email list. I put the res=
ult
> on the web and would like to ask everybody to review it and correct wha=
t I
> got wrong:
>
> http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/as49/poll.pdf
>
> After everyone has agreed to what they've said, I'd like to formulate s=
ome
> sort of majority opinion and from that a mission statement.
>
> Thank you,
> Axel.

Hi Axel,

thank you for your work on this.

I have to correct something:
    * I have never said that forcing resizing dialogs onto a Windows user=
 is
        ok (opinion (b)). In fact I'm strictly against this since it viol=
ates
        native look-and-feel.
    * The low-level C layer from proposal (a) shall be low-level only
        concerning programming style (i.e., it shall be imperative). It s=
hall
        be as high-level as possible concerning the functionality provide=
        because otherwise we might not get native look-and-feel.

Wolfgang