[GUI] Re: Gtk and Object I/O

Daan Leijen daanleijen@xs4all.nl
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:32:05 +0100

Dear Axel,

> Can we extract the core infrastructure (no widgets) of Object I/O into a
> separate CommonGUI module which all these libraries use.
[snip]
> - In the long run, we will have a CommonGUI library which restricts itself
> to elements which can be implemented with the native look-and-feel.

This is indeed exactly what we need! and except for the name, this is
exactly
what the Graphics.UI.Port library is trying to do. Fortunately for us,
Krasimir
has already done all the hard work and studied the whole off the GTK and
Windows API and extracted a common interface (and I have little doubt that
the Port interface will also work for Aqua).

-- Daan.