Portable GUI levels (was: Re: [GUI] Re: Gtk and Object I/O)

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:01:50 +0100

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:29:29 +0100
"Daan Leijen" <daanleijen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>=20
>  What I am proposing is to use Port as a concrete proposal for how
>  the (L) interface should look like. Not that Port is complete, or
>  "just right",

I reply not to insist on an idea which is surely not mine, but just
would like to hear comments on it. Why don't we choose a document model
for the interface, like adobe did with DPS and apple with quartz? This
has many advantages instead of a C library, as I said before, and can be
modeled with a client-server interface wich would avoid foreign-language
interoperability problem, allowing one to implement the backend even in
QT.

Vincenzo

--=20
Fedeli alla linea, anche quando non c'=E8 Quando l'imperatore =E8
malato, quando muore,o =E8 dubbioso, o =E8 perplesso.  Fedeli alla linea
la linea non c'=E8.  [CCCP]