[GUI] Common GUI API : What would the code look like?

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:57:51 -0800

the widget name could just be another property, settable by whatever our
standard get/set routines turn out to be. if 90% of toolkits ignore the
name anyway, forcing a user to specify them always would probably result
in people giving them meaningless names anyway if they don't know what
they are for. we can probably generate somewhat useful names
automatically.  like button1..button3 for the first three children
buttons of a given widget or whatnot...
	John