[GUI] Setting properties of a widget.

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia@cli.di.unipi.it
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:49:48 +0200

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:16:12 +0100
Axel Simon <A.Simon@ukc.ac.uk> wrote:

>   I can think of an example for filter, but where would this be
>   useful?

There are plenty of possibilities, depending on the model we use.

For example, one could disallow writing more than one line in a
statusbar, since the statusbar has only one line, and allowing more
lines would need other specifications, such as a "delay time", but if
one wants to write two delayed consecutive lines he needs the
possibility to atomically do so.

Many other examples, that I can think of now, are connected to some form
of animation, but I guess that there are other possibilities.

Vincenzo