[GUI] RE: Announce: wxHaskell 0.2

Nick Name nick.name at inwind.it
Tue Sep 16 23:44:35 EDT 2003

Alle 22:18, martedì 16 settembre 2003, Daan Leijen ha scritto:
> This is a devious thing to do, but totally unavoidable given the way
> I model
> inheritance with phantom types. I have considered using type classes
> to model
> the inheritance but that leads to a) other dependencies on
> extensions, b) hard
> to understand error messages, and c) a much more complex model. (See
> Andre Pang's
> master thesis for a ingenious way to model full inheritance)

Can you provide a link? I can't find it. Does he still use phantom
types? Also, I am sure I have read something posted by you wich
explained how to model single inheritance with phantom types, can you
provide me some reference? Do you model multiple inheritance someway?
Does wxwin use multiple inheritance?

Bye

Vincenzo