[Hackathon] Hac phi details, and call for talks

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Jul 22 13:12:59 EDT 2009

Hi all!

Hac phi will soon be upon us!  We are very much looking forward to
meeting everyone.  Here are a few last-minute details.  Much of this
is already on the wiki but I thought it would be nice to have it all
in one place:

  * The hackathon venue is Room 307 of Levine Hall, located on Walnut
    St. between 33rd and 34th.  You should use the Walnut Street
    entrance; there will be signs directing you to room 307.  Feel
    free to arrive starting at 2pm on Friday.  If you are coming on
    Friday please try to arrive by 2:30 or 3pm since we will try to do
    some introductions.

  * If you get lost, need to be let in (the building will be locked on
    Saturday and Sunday), or otherwise need anything, feel free to
    call me at (202) 531-8646, or Daniel Wagner at (650)-353-1788.

  * Dinner on Friday (pizza) and lunch on Saturday and Sunday will be
    provided.  You'll be on your own for breakfast and dinner
    Saturday, and breafast Sunday.  We'll provide a list of places
    nearby where you might like to eat, and perhaps help organize
    dinner plans on Saturday.

  * Talks!  We plan to have some short (15-20 minute) talks on
    Saturday afternoon, beginning at 2pm.  Only two people are signed
    up to give a talk so far, so there's still room for a few more.
    If you'd be interested in giving a talk, let me know!  There will
    be a projector and blackboard available.

Let me know if there's anything I've left out or if you have any
questions.  See you soon!

-Brent