Haskell Implemetors Meeting

Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:32:18 -0800

GHC transforms Haskell into "Core", which is roughly
the second-order lambda calculus,
augmented with let(rec), case, and constructors.  This is an
a small explicitly-typed intermediate language, in contrast
to Haskell which is a very large, implicitly typed language.
Getting from Haskell to Core is a lot of work, and it might
be useful to be able to re-use that work.

Andrew's proposal (which he'll post to the Haskell list)
will define exactly what "Core" is.

Simon