Clean numeric system?

Dylan Thurston dpt@math.harvard.edu
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:24:53 -0500

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 04:40:06PM +0000, Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:
> This is the way I program in Clean, where there is no Num, and (+), (*),
> zero, abs, etc. constitute classes by themselves. ...

I've heard Clean mentioned before in this context, but I haven't found
the Clean numeric class system described yet.  Can you send me a
pointer to their class system, or just give me a description?

Does each operation really have its own class?  That seems slightly
silly.  Are the (/) and 'recip' equivalents independent, and
independent of (*) as well?

Best,
	Dylan Thurston