Literate Programming in Haskell?

Andreas Gruenbacher gruenbacher-lists@geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:00:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Tom Moertel wrote:

> In the Haskell community is there a generally accepted best way to
> approach Literate Programming?  The language has support for literate
> comments, but it seems that many common LP tools don't respect it.

I'm also very interested in this, but ideally I would want the output to
be in some proportional font, with symbols like =>, ->, <- replaced with
arrows, etc. Also, it would be very nice to have the code automatically
column aligned (using heuristics).

I saw something that looks like this in Mark P. Jones's paper `Typing
Haskell in Haskell', but don't know how he did it.

Cheers,
Andreas.

 Andreas Gruenbacher                  gruenbacher@geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at
 Research Assistant                       Phone      +43(1)58801-12723
 Institute for Geoinformation             Fax        +43(1)58801-12799
 Technical University of Vienna           Cell phone   +43(664)4064789