Some good-hearted criticism

Johan Nordlander nordland@cse.ogi.edu
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:55:04 -0700

On Wednesday, June 27, 2001, at 01:32  PM, Juan Carlos Arevalo
Baeza wrote:

[...]

>> So, I generated a heap profile from Hugs, using -d20000 as the
>> profiling option.  (There appears to be a small bug in Hugs, so the
>> output is invalid.  However, it was pretty easy to patch it up in a
>> text editor.)  I have attached the final PostScript graph
>> below for you
>> have have a look.
>
>    Hmmm... I guess I'll have to look more closely into the Hugs
> documentation. I wasn't aware that it had profiling in it
> too... O:-) And, looking closer, this option is not mentioned
> anywhere, and it rejects the option. Hmmm... I have the
> February 2001 version, for Windows. Maybe I need to check for a
> new one?

Heap profiling in Hugs isn't turned on by default.  You need to
recompile it with profiling enabled before the -d option is
recognized.  This done by giving the --enable-profiling flag to
the configure script if you run under Unix, or by editing the
file options.h on other platforms.

-- Johan