Databases

Juan Carlos Arevalo Baeza jcab@roningames.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 20:46:20 -0700

    Is there an efficient way to make simple databases in Haskell? I mean
something like a dictionary, hash table or associative container of some kind.

    I'm aware that Haskell being pure functional means that those things
are not as easily implemented as they can be in other languages, in fact,
I've implemented a simple one myself, using a list of pairs (key,value)
(which means it's slow on lookup) and an optional monad to handle the
updates/lookups.

    I guess what I'm wondering is what has been done in this respect. There
is no such thing in the standard library, as far as I can see, and my
search through the web has turned up nothing.

    Salutaciones,
                               JCAB

Juan Carlos "JCAB" Arevalo Baeza    | http://www.roningames.com
Senior Technology programmer        | mailto:jcab@roningames.com
Ronin Entertainment                 | ICQ: 10913692
                        (my opinions are only mine)
JCAB's Rumblings: http://www.metro.net/jcab/Rumblings/html/index.html