Databases

Juan Carlos Arevalo Baeza jcab@roningames.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 22:43:51 -0700

At 12:12 AM 5/15/2001 -0400, Justin: Member Since 1923 wrote:

> >something like a dictionary, hash table or associative container of
>some kind.
>
>Chris Okasaki has developed a whole mess of purely function data
>structures.  He has a book:
>http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~cdo/papers.html#cup98
>
>Maybe this is what you're looking for?

    I believe so! Thanx!

    Geee... A red-black tree set in 30 lines of code... I hope it works :)
I've never done one of those myself, but it's said that they are as tricky
as they are efficient... What I'd use in C++ (STL map) is something pretty
close, and it's usually implemented as a R/B tree, so I think it'll work.

    Salutaciones,
                               JCAB

Juan Carlos "JCAB" Arevalo Baeza    | http://www.roningames.com
Senior Technology programmer        | mailto:jcab@roningames.com
Ronin Entertainment                 | ICQ: 10913692
                        (my opinions are only mine)
JCAB's Rumblings: http://www.metro.net/jcab/Rumblings/html/index.html