Fail: <<loop>> ???

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:43:19 -0800 (PST)

<<loop>> means that you have an infinite loop that the system was able to
detect at runtime.  basically what happens is you have some function which
is about to get evaluated.  this is essentially a node in a graph.  the
runtime system marks this node as "i'm being evaluated."  however, during
the evaluation of this node, it try to evaluate itself, but now sees that
it is marked as "i'm being evaluated" and thus knows that this will be an
infinite loop.

so, yes, you have an infinite loop somehwere in your code.

--
Hal Daume III

 "Computer science is no more about computers    | hdaume@isi.edu
  than astronomy is about telescopes." -Dijkstra | www.isi.edu/~hdaume