character syntax

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:04:45 -0800 (PST)

Since we're on this topic, I'm constantly annoyed by the following (in
addition to sexps with '(' and ')'):
  how to get emacs to realize that it should match the parens on:

    map (\(x,y) -> ...

  since \( isn't an escape character.  i end up writing:

    map (\ (x,y) -> ...

  but i'd prefer the former

also, to not thing -- in a string begins a comment:

    print "This is not -- I repeat, not -- a comment"

There's one more case, but I'm going blank on it right now.  Anyone have
any fixes?

 - Hal

--
Hal Daume III