Hiring Haskell programmers

Pablo E. Martinez Lopez fidel@cs.chalmers.se
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:17:44 +0100

> > I know that there are a number of schools in Germany and the
> > UK who teach functional programming on a large scale, too.
> > Not so sure about the rest of the planet.
>
> Melbourne University is teaching similar numbers (perhaps slightly less;
> probably more than 1000) of first-year students Haskell every year.

University of La Plata, in Argentina, is teaching functional programming
and Haskell to 200 second-year students a year. University of Buenos
Aires includes some basic functional programming skills in the first
course on programming (300 students a year). University of Cordoba also
teachs functional programming in basic courses, but I don't know the
exact figures.
FF