GUI Library for Visualizing Data

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak@cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 22:33:37 +1100 (EST)

Peter Simons <simons@cryp.to> wrote,

> I'm looking for a library that allows me to visualize data under X11
> screen, for instance as a pie chart or as a bar chart. I seem to
> recall that something like that was available for the GTK toolkit, but
> has this library been ported to Haskell? Or any other library?

I think, the GTK+ widget that you are referring to is
GtkPlot from the GTK+Extra set

  http://gtkextra.sourceforge.net/

To my knowledge, there is no Haskell binding for it yet.
However, it is possible to extend the existing GTK+ binding
for Haskell <http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/gtk/>
with extra widgets (there already exist some such extension
in the ext/ directory of the package).  I am generally happy
to include such extensions into the main distribution and to
provide help with coding them.

Cheers,
Manuel