Tokenizing Strings

jamesd@mena.org.au jamesd@mena.org.au
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:26:46 +1000 (EST)

I have a string that needs to be split/tokenized based on a delimiter. This
can easily be accomplished using 'break' if the delimiter is only 1
character (i.e. break isSpace "this is a string"), but I can't see any way
of using this for a delimiter with multiple characters.

in this case, I have a string containing multiples fields seperated by *two*
blank lines (\n\n). I can't just break on the newline character, as single
newline characters can be found inside each field.

any idea how I can do this without too much hassle?

-James (jamesd@mena.org.au)