Online judge and Haskell?

Steffen Mazanek steffen.mazanek@unibw-muenchen.de
28 Apr 2003 20:24:12 +0200

Hello,

it's me again and I have a new mad idea.
There are a lot of programming contests out there
and unfortunately most (all?) of them do not allow
Haskell code till now!
I think, this is hard to accept.
Why not ask the people which run

acm.uva.es/problemset

to provide their problem sets, input and output files
and the basic judging software and install it at
haskell.org? Alternatively this may be a nice project
for a student. I think an adaption of this software to
permit Haskell code can not be that difficult!

Do you think there is a need for such a project? Maybe
it could help Haskell to become a part of official
programming contests and hence to gain more popularity.

I'm sorry to say, that due to another project my free time
is very limited so I can not get it going by only myself.

Ciao,
Steffen

--
Haskell:
that's where I just curry until fail, unwords any error,