a breaking monad (to haskell cafe)

Iavor Diatchki diatchki@cse.ogi.edu
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:00:51 +0000

hi,

Derek Elkins wrote:
> Anyways, most of my uses of the Cont monad have been for my own personal
> entertainment, and usually I break the abstraction (using
> Control.Monad.Cont) to do the things I want.  I don't know if I've ever
> written something that's used callCC that I kept.

except for entertainment purposes i feel pretty much the same way :-)
i think that in probably 95% of the cases that arise there is a simpler
monad that does the job (i.e. exceptions, backtracking, etc).  of course
it could be that we are simply not used to program using the callcc.

bye
iavor

| Iavor S. Diatchki, Ph.D. student               |
| Department of Computer Science and Engineering |
| School of OGI at OHSU                          |
| http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~diatchki               |