Haskell and professional aspirations.

guilhermelopes@netcabo.pt guilhermelopes@netcabo.pt
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:32:02 -0000

        Hello there

        I'm a computer science undergraduate student, and would like to =
continue (or=20
rather start) working with Haskell after graduation.=20
        Which universities welcome postgraduate work using functional =
programming=20
languages? That is, which groups/departments of which universities =
should I=20
keep an eye on? Which companies use functional programming for =
medium-large=20
scale projects? What should be in my curriculum vitae if I wanted to =
have a=20
good array (hmmm... list!) of offers to choose from?
        If Haskell is indeed being used professionally, it is =
responsible for which=20
part of the job? I am aware of some of the issues concerned with =
"Haskell in=20
the real-world", through haskell.org, and search for an account on the=20
subject more shifted towards personal experience.
        If you do have experience on working with Haskell, I would love =
to hear about=20
it.
        Although this question is essentially personal in nature, I =
consider it to be=20
(and tried to make it) broad enough to justify its presence here, =
propped up=20
by Haskell being used around the world for teaching purposes. If you =
think=20
otherwise, reply directly to my address: tretalhada@netcabo.pt .=20

                                                   Guilherme Lopes