Haskell book recommendation?

Christian Maeder maeder@tzi.de
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:39:57 +0200

bjkwak wrote:
> I have downloaded and read some tutorials from
> the Haskell home page, but most of them are
> incomplete and I decided to buy a book or two.

Did you try http://www.isi.edu/~hdaume/htut/tutorial.ps ?
"Yet Another Haskell Tutorial by Hal Daume III et al.
A tutorial for Haskell that is still under construction but covers
already much ground."

This book (currently 189 pages) quite met my taste with respect to the
selection of important basic features and (for beginners not so
important) advanced features (that are partly still missing). It favours
to use the compiler ghc and the interpreter ghci. (More over it is free,
i.e. you have to bind yourself.)

Of course, Thompon's "craft" and the hugs interpreter are good as well.
(In fact, it is our standard teaching book.)

I would be glad if we had comparable books written in german.

Christian