compiling concurrent haskell with ghc

Dennis Sidharta daniel_jian@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

--0-864840725-1059397425=:43357

--0-394883612-1059397425=:43357

Hi Keith,

With this email I attached the source code. As you can see, it is very simple. And in case you would like to know, I wrote that program for a short tutorial on Haskell for a programming language course I took last semester.

Thank you very much.

Blessings,

Dennis

Keith Wansbrough <Keith.Wansbrough@cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question on compiling a concurrent haskell source code
> using GHC. Today is my first time playing around with concurrency in
> Haskell, and this afternoon, GHC seemed to be able to compile my
> code and produced an executable. However, that executable did not
> seem to run the program correctly. In fact, it just did not do
> anything. FYI, GHCi interpreted the code succesfully, and the
> program runs normally under GHCi.
>
> I compiled the code this way:
> ghc --make source.hs -o output

Please post the code, a description of what it did, and what you
expected it to do. If the code is too large for an email, put it on
your web server and point us at it, or cut it down to a smaller
version that still exhibits the problem, and include that. We can't
help you if we don't have this information.

--KW 8-)

--0-394883612-1059397425=:43357

<DIV>
<DIV>Hi Keith,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>With this email I attached the source code. As you can see, it is very simple. And in case you would like to know, I wrote that program for a short tutorial on Haskell for a programming language course&nbsp;I took last semester.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thank you very much.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Blessings,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dennis</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>Keith Wansbrough &lt;Keith.Wansbrough@cl.cam.ac.uk&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">&gt; Hi all,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I have a question on compiling a concurrent haskell source code<BR>&gt; using GHC. Today is my first time playing around with concurrency in<BR>&gt; Haskell, and this afternoon, GHC seemed to be able to compile my<BR>&gt; code and produced an executable. However, that executable did not<BR>&gt; seem to run the program correctly. In fact, it just did not do<BR>&gt; anything. FYI, GHCi interpreted the code succesfully, and the<BR>&gt; program runs normally under GHCi.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I compiled the code this way:<BR>&gt; ghc --make source.hs -o output<BR><BR>Please post the code, a description of what it did, and what you<BR>expected it to do. If the code is too large for an email, put it on<BR>your web server and point us at it, or cut it down to a smaller<BR>version that still exhibits the problem, and include that. We can't<BR>help you if we don't have
 this information.<BR><BR>--KW 8-)<BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Haskell-Cafe mailing list<BR>Haskell-Cafe@haskell.org<BR>http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-394883612-1059397425=:43357--
--0-864840725-1059397425=:43357
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--0-864840725-1059397425=:43357--