Socratic method and Imperativicles

Steffen Mazanek Steffen.Mazanek@unibw-muenchen.de
Wed, 21 May 2003 12:14:46 +0200

Hello,

I just have read Platon's Euthyphron and was fascinated
by the maieutics of Socrates. So I want to start the little
project "Imperativicles", which should result in a dialog
similar to http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dialogue.html.
Thereby Socrates confuses an impassionate imperative
programmer which thinks in "lines of code" exclusively and
points him to the beauty of functional programming.
But there is one problem. I cannot express these important,
well-known phrases of Socrates in English.
So if anybody wants to contribute I would be happy.
All ideas, e.g. argumentations, would be helpful and greatly
appreciated.
The "project" page is the HaWiKi:

http://haskell.org/hawiki/SocraticMethod

Best regards,
Steffen
--
Steffen Mazanek       #Haskell,that's where I just curry until fail,unwords
www.steffen-mazanek.de#any error,drop all undefined,maybe break,otherwise in