Haskell Employers

David Barton d.barton@edaptive.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 07:55:16 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_024C_01C32425.4F95C0B0

Ashley Yakeley writes:

> So are there companies that pay people to write in Haskell, or indeed =
in
> any functional language? I do know of Galois Connections in Oregon; =
are
> there others?
>
> As a Haskell developer looking for a job, this would certainly be =
useful
> information...

I can't say we are using Haskell (well, we have for a small thing or =
two,
but not enough to justify hiring someone for it).  However, I think that =
the
use of higher level languages in general are increasing.

We'll be looking for someone soon to develop, not only in C++ or Java, =
but
also in a new systems design language called Rosetta =
(http://www.sldl.org).
I predict that the use of such languages will increase in the next few
years --- slowly at first, then faster --- particularly in the systems =
and
hardware design arenas, even more than in software.

Dave Barton
EDAptive Computing

------=_NextPart_000_024C_01C32425.4F95C0B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Ashley Yakeley=20
writes:<BR><BR>&gt; So are there companies that pay people to write in =
Haskell,=20
or indeed in<BR>&gt; any functional language? I do know of Galois =
Connections in=20
Oregon; are<BR>&gt; there others?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; As a Haskell developer =
looking=20
for a job, this would certainly be useful<BR>&gt; =
information...<BR><BR>I can't=20
say we are using Haskell (well, we have for a small thing or two,<BR>but =
not=20
enough to justify hiring someone for it).&nbsp; However, I think that =
the<BR>use=20
of higher level languages in general are increasing.<BR><BR>We'll be =
looking for=20
someone soon to develop, not only in C++ or Java, but<BR>also in a new =
systems=20
design language called Rosetta (</FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.sldl.org"><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>http://www.sldl.org</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>).<BR>I predict that the use of such =
languages=20
will increase in the next few<BR>years --- slowly at first, then faster =
---=20
particularly in the systems and<BR>hardware design arenas, even more =
than in=20
software.<BR><BR>Dave Barton<BR>EDAptive=20
Computing</FONT><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_024C_01C32425.4F95C0B0--