ovelapping instances under control

Ralf Laemmel Ralf.Laemmel@cwi.nl
Fri, 30 May 2003 21:04:23 +0200

Hi,

I think that there is consensus regarding the
usefulness of overlapping instances. But it is
a pitty that the -fallow-overlapping-instances
declaration is so pervasive. I mean:

- If I deal with several classes, only few of
them require overlapping instances, then I would
like to restrict -fallow to the relevant classes.

- If I compile a module A with overlapping instances
allowed, and I import A into B, then I don't want
to be forced to allow overlapping instances in B
unless B by itself wants to produce overlaps.

Did I miss anything?
If not, would that be difficult (formally, technically)?

Ralf

--
Ralf Laemmel
VU & CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands