"hSetBuffering stdin NoBuffering" messes up terminal

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Oct 14 10:11:47 EDT 2003

On my terminal (aterm), calling

hSetBuffering stdin NoBuffering

within my program messes up the terminal settings somehow, so that
backspace no longer works when I run my program (without the NoBuffering) a
second time.  The 'reset' command fixes the problem, so once again
backspace works, but my program shouldn't be affecting the terminal state
at all.  A simple call to hSetBuffering stdin LineBuffering doesn't seem to
fix the problem.  Any ideas what might be going on here? It's really
annoying to not be able to use backspace when entering data.
--
David Roundy
http://www.abridgegame.org