random numbers

Jacinta Mary FITZGERALD fitzjm at students.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Oct 24 16:49:50 EDT 2003

I'm very much a beginning programmer, studying Haskell. I have two
questions -

Firstly, I am trying to generate random numbers in Haskell, but although I
have found a 'random' library on www.zvon.org, I don't really know how to
include library functions, and the documentation given doesn't really tell
me the effective difference between all the functions provided in the
library. In another interesting development, I couldn't find any mention
of this library in haskell.org's list of libraries.

Secondly, but perhaps more importantly, is there a more 'beginnerish' list
that I should be addressing this to? I've been following discussions on
this one and they don't seem to be at quite this level.

Thanks
Jac