OT - Book on Programming

Shae Matijs Erisson shae@ScannedInAvian.com
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:44:51 +0200

Matthew Donadio <mdonadio@comcast.net> writes:

> They have several people in the company who understand the mechanics of
> programming, but don't really understand the concepts.  I am looking for
> a book to recommend to them.  I would really like to find a book that
> just discusses programming, and avoids any one particular language.  It
> would have to cover the common imperative controls, as well as basic
> data structures.

I'd also recommend "The Pragmatic Programmer"
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ppbook/index.shtml
It's difficult to summarize, but I think every programmer should read it at
least once. It is mostly about the mechanics of programming also.
--
Shae Erisson -   this space for rent   - #haskell on irc.freenode.net
"Notwithstanding fervent argument that patent protection is essential