haddock depencies to std-modules

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 29 13:37:55 EDT 2003

> I use haddock to create documentation. Everything is fine
> except of the
> references to standard modules. If I am using standardtypes
> like Int or
> String haddock wants to create crossrefs to these modules and
> fails because
> of missing "sourcecode".
>
> Is there a simple way to fix this? I've heard of interface
> files to create
> right refs to existing docs, but that doesnt work. Whats the
> right way?

One way is to use the Haddock interface files that are distributed with
GHC.  I haven't put any effort into making the process easy yet -
ideally Haddock should consult GHC's package database to find the
interface files, but it doesn't currently do this.

You'll find Haddock interface files in the same location as the
documentation when you install GHC (eg.
/usr/share/ghc-<version>/html/base/base.haddock on a Linux system).

Cheers,
	Simon