Database interface - would like advice on oracle library bind ing

Tim Docker timd at macquarie.com.au
Mon Sep 29 23:43:17 EDT 2003

Alistair Bayley wrote:

> Still making slow progress on an Oracle database binding...
> now I'm trying to fit the API I have into some sort of
> abstract interface (like the one(s) discussed previously:

Since the previous dicussion I've discovered Krasimir
Angelov's HSQL interface as part of his HTOOLKIT:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65248

This has a uniform abstract interface similar to the one
discussed, apparently implemented for MYSQL, ODBC, and
PostgreSQL. I've only played with the MYSQL variant.

If possible, it would seem sensible to provide a consistent
interface for your Oracle binding. If not, it may be worth
persuading him to generalise the interface.

Then again, perhaps you knew about this already.

Tim