[Haskell-cafe] Re: ACIO versus Execution Contexts

MR K P SCHUPKE k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Dec 1 09:16:16 EST 2004

Actually I now think that not only are top level TWIs okay, I can
get extra contexts by rewriting the MVar module. Here I can
create a TWI in the new MVar module called context, and all
mvar writes and reads would be parameterised by context. In
this way I can change the context then call oneShot and
get it to run a second (or as many times as I like)...

So that gets round my last remaining objection to top level
MVars. This also shows that top level TWIs and the Execution
contexts are effectively the same thing... but I guess TWIs
have a nicer syntax...

	Keean.